I am not the makeup enthusiast that does the perfect eyeliner. In fact, I rarely touch the stuff as it frightens me so. I hardly ever do an elaborate amount of sculpting and bronzing. I’ve never ever spent more than 45 seconds on eyeshadow. But, I am the woman that is all about finding the right products for your face to create a natural glow. I’m the lady who’s all about the “no makeup makeup” look. I don’t want people to ask where I got my eyeshadow. I want people to ask me where I got my glow. So, with that in mind, and because I am so often asked about what I’m using on a day to day basis, I thought I’d outline the nine products I’ve been using every morning for the past three months. If you’re someone that wants a look to enhance, instead of full coverage or a wonderful transformation (honestly, so in awe of what people can do), this one’s for you. It will take you five minutes, no joke, and you’re out the door.
So here’s what’s in my morning makeup bag, from the first product I use to the last:
- Sarah Chapman Skinesis Skin Insurance SPF50+ – This is the first product I put on and I classify it as makeup, not just skincare, because it has a tint to it. But, let me just say I adore this stuff. For those of you that don’t know Sarah Chapman, it should be noted that she is one of the most respected names in skincare. She’s also a huge advocate of SPF and this one comes in at a massive 50+. That’s not just protection. It’s insurance, as the product says. The fastest way to age, ladies, is to live a life without sunscreen. So, if you’re looking for one that gives the added benefit of glowy coverage, this needs to be in your bag.
- Glossier Stretch Concealer -Full disclosure, I’ve actually been a fan of this for over two years now. I adore Glossier. Pretty much everything they do, I buy and use. The stretch concealer is something I actually always have two of – one for home and one for bag. I use it specifically for undereye coverage. What can I say? I think it’s the best! It doesn’t clump. It’s doesn’t fall into eye wrinkle folds. It actually provides coverage and brightness and can be used all over the face for first application or touchup. It also comes in 12 shades!
- Code 8 Day to Night longwear foundation – For the days when I need a bit more of a sturdy coverage, I reach for this bad boy. It’s coverage on a next level that can be used for all over wear or to simply make sure a blemish doesn’t shine through two hours into your day. It makes your skin feel like silk!
- Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil – I’m ashamed to say I only started using an eye pencil about two years ago. I thought my brows were ok, wild and untamed. Here’s a trick for this! I spray the spool with hairspray, five minutes before I fill in my brows, and use it to shape my brow hairs into place. By the time they are done drying they won’t be going anywhere. From there, I fill and shape to get a Cindy brow 🙂
- Marc Jacobs Glow Away Bronzing Coconut Body Stick – Ok, Ok, I know this is supposed to be a body stick. But, I was in a pinch, needed a bit of bronzer and reached for this to use quickly. It was an a-ha moment. I know just use this as face bronzer and it works a treat. Also works great on shins in the summer to lengthen the legs!
- Pixi On the Glow Blush – Can you see I have a thing with beauty sticks? I love that you can just whip them out, slap it on and go. There are loads of colour here, but I am partial to juicy. Gives a fresh look that is long lasting!
- Glossier Lidstar – Another Glossier product and one that I find to be the easiest in the eyeshadow department. This is where I spend the fifteen seconds I have on eyeshadow, and it always delivers a glowy and natural look. I alternate between the colours Cub and Herb.
- Code 8 Miss Saigon 5 secs – If you are looking for the multitasking product you can throw in your bag and use all day, put this alongside the Glossier Stretch Concealer and these are the only two products you need. The Code 8 5secs can be used as lipstick, cheek stain and eye shadow. And yes, I do use it for all three when I’m travelling. I take the stretch concealer, this stick (and probably my mascara) into the bathroom of the airplane toilet and come out looking like I haven’t just been through hell on a transatlantic flight!
- Glossier Lash Stick – Aw, this bad boy. Years…. it has taken me years and hundreds of dollars to find this perfect mascara. I absolutely love it. It’s smudge resistant, water resistant (not water proof so it comes off easily when you wash at night) and it lengthens and conditions those beautiful lashes daily.
So that’s it. I told you it was nothing fancy. But I can and will vouch for all of these products. They are truly sensational developments in beauty, and right now, I swear by each and every one to make me look a little less like I’ve been stuck inside for months on end! And yes, putting on makeup does help with that tremendously.