When it comes to areas of Los Angeles that I love there’s one specific location that will always be on the “cherish and adore” list. I’m speaking of course of Abbott Kinney, the street which gets its name from the man responsible for building the incredibly hip Venice canals. This is the street that first made me think, “I’m moving to LA.” Perhaps it was the chic bottomless Belinis at Joe’s or maybe the antique Vogue sign at beautiful Bountiful that had me thinking this track was perfectly in tune. Whatever the reason, Abbott Kinney and I clicked. We were a match made in heaven and this street became a staple for every LA visit I’ve had since 2008. In no particular order, here are 10 reasons to visit Abbott Kinney (and a hell of a lot of photographic evidence to back it up).
1. Shopping. Let’s just say the shopping on Abbott Kinney is an experience you won’t soon forget. It’s also enormously dangerous for your credit card. I won’t recommend any store in particular, I’ll just tell you to stroll the street.
2. Cars with surfboards just casually parked everywhere, alongside vintage beauties. Welcome to Venice.
3. Coffee at Intelligentsia
4. You’ll most definitely want to take up biking and skateboarding after one afternoon of watching folks in action here on Abbott Kinney.
5. The beautiful homes
6. Chanel surfboards… need I say more?
7. Abbott Kinney will give you a dozen reasons to look down, although it’s tough as all I ever want to do is look up at the palm trees and the beautiful blue sky.
8. The food!
9. The beautiful and surprising details found on every corner.
10. Street graffiti is truly art here and begging to be discovered at every turn.
Need I say more? Dear Abbott Kinney, I’m obsessed… be back soon!