I can’t count the number of times I’ve been lacking a flower vase. I know, total first world problem to have. But I buy or receive flowers and constantly forget that I need more vases than I ever have lying around. Such activities causes one to think and be creative when it comes to alternatives for vases. Last week, my white roses, in dire need of a drink, found their home in an old tea pot I hadn’t used since the electric kettle came into my life. I do believe this was a lightbulb moment (appropriate description as you’ll see below). For years I’ve seen people display their plants and flowers in the most creative ways. I’ve looked on in awe as people have laid out their creative genius for all the world to see, and I’ve collected the clippings as they came about. Naturally, only the digital clippings have survived. So, in no particular order, I thought I’d share with you 10 of the most brilliant and unexpected ideas for “alternative” flower vases. They may not all be to your taste, but I guarantee there are a few here you wouldn’t have thought of on your own. Just in time for spring, right? Well, fingers crossed spring is actually on the way…
1. Use a designer bag (just make sure you line it so the paper bottom doesn’t fall through.
|Via Elle Canada|
2. Muffin tins for flower arrangements or plants? You bet your bottom dollar!
|Via Country Living|
3. Painted Mason Jars
4. Recycle old liquor bottles – Patron seems to be a favourite!
|Via Weddings Illustrated|
5. Sometimes any glass container will do.. easily enough jazzed up to meet your designing needs!
6. Remember that reference to light bulb moments? Yeah, I was being very literal…
7. Use an old tea tin as a swanky flower vase. Instant desk appeal!
|Via The Sweetest Occasion|
8. After you’re finished with your Campbell’s soup, recycle the can for the good of your flowers…
|Via Rustic Wedding Chic|
9. For the Chanel obsessives everywhere….make your own Chanel No. 5 perfume bottle vase
|Via Styling My Everyday|
10. And the best for last…. an umbrella as a flower vase. Who would have ever imagined???
For more home decor ideas, follow FFG’s Home Decor board on Pinterest: