This morning I made my way over to New Bond Street with a bit of a spring in my step. Only moments before I arrived, Chanel had opened the doors to the new London flagship store on New Bond Street. A select number of press were invited to photograph the Chanel store before it opens to the general public on Wednesday. So not to worry, it’s not long to wait before you can take a tour for yourself on the big opening day. This all being said, you may well need a tour guide to get around this store. It is massive and there is something going on in every nook and cranny. From the various artworks dotted around the store, to the various Chanel products that are themselves pieces of art, this space is truly a feast for the eyes. So, about the space…. here are the top facts and figures you’ll need to know before entering the Chanel Flagship store in London….
1. The Chanel New Bond Street boutique is 12,600 square-feet, spread over three floors.
2. The interior is designed by New York based architect Peter Marino.
3. Every artefact in the store has been chosen specifically to make the space feel as if the legendary Mademoiselle Chanel could live there herself.
4. There are 23 contemporary works of art showcased throughout the space.
5. Not to be missed – the Mark Swanson deer covered in 200,000 silver rhinestones… he greets you as you walk into the door!
There is so much more to discover, but I do believe it’s something you need to experience in person. For those of you too far away to visit the new store, here’s a quick glimpse at some of our favourite viewpoints!