Over 60,000 videos have been uploaded to Youtube featuring covers of Carly Rae Jepson’s “Call Me Maybe”. What better way to start your week than to watch the top ten covers as judged by, well, us! So here we go…from crazy (paging Joan Rivers) to downright gorgeous (hello, Abercrombie)… here are our top ten “Call Me Maybe” covers to date.
1. Abercrombie & Fitch boys. I’ve already featured it, but I think you’ll understand why their “Call Me Maybe” cover is worth watching over and over again…over 8 million views on youtube.
2. You just knew E!’s Fashion Police had to get in on the fun. Here’s Joan Rivers leading the troops with loads of special guests. Currently only at 164,000 views.
3. Something for the boys… The Miami Dolphins’ Cheerleaders threw their pom-poms in the cover arena with this take on the Carly Rae classic…over 9 million views on youtube.
4. Miss USA contestants got in on the action as they cover “Call Me Maybe”. Even Donald Trump got in on the action! Coming up on 2 million views on youtube.
5. Even President Obama is getting in on the Carly Rae Jepson mania. It’s currently one of the most popular at nearly 20 million views on youtube.
6. Rebecca Minkoff and The Man Repeller come together to make fashion magic and sing “Call me Maybe”. Let’s send more views their way as it’s only coming up on 150,000 and it’s one of the most fun to watch!
7. Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale get in on asking “Call Me Maybe” with bananas. Currently topping the charts at 45 million views on youtube.
8. Star Wars have jumped into the action with all our favourite characters pitching in to complete the song! This is the latest edition to the bunch with only a few thousand views on youtube currently.
9. Now Cookie Monster from Sesame Street has put in for a piece of the pie. His “Call Me Maybe” gets a bit of a remake. Not a favourite but it’s different and already going viral with over 5 million views on youtube.
10. Can you guess what the most viewed Carly Rae Jepson “Call Me Video” is on youtube? How about the original song… at over 156 million views! I think we can officially say this is the song of the summer.