Over the past few weeks I’ve been trying to pack to go home to the USA for six weeks and it’s been quite the task and frankly I’m exhausted. However, I am thanking my lucky stars for one thing… SAMSONITE! If you pack as much as I
usually do you are going to love this.
Samsonite have sent me over a new
piece from their Firelite collection. It is quite possibly one of the
coolest suitcases I have ever owned. I used it last week in my travels
and I just wanted to drop a few bullet points as to why I love it and will be using it on every trip from here until the end of time(or the invention of a suitcase that actually manages to subtract weight from your packing job):
- The first and most massive reason to love this case has everything to do with the weight. When the suitcase arrived at the office, my receptionist called up and said, “there’s a very large cardboard box down here but I think there’s just another box inside it as it’s so light.” I laughed and told her I was going to have to use that in the write up… and here we are. It truly is that light. When empty this suitcase weighs less than a large bottle of water (or 1.9kg). In a world where excess baggage fees are killing us all, Samsonite have definitely come up with a master solution to suitcase weight!
- I am a packing fool. My mother tried to teach me with every trip I took as a youth and I never ever listened. However, Samsonite’s Firelite case has two compartments, one that’s zipped and one that allows for clothes and misc items to be packed and harnessed by a lovely bungee cord system. Now I know this isn’t conventional but basically I’m using the zippered section for all my shoes and I’m using the open half for all my nicely folded and newly drycleaned goods. That way the two stay nicely separated and no dirt gets onto rather nice and crisp white dresses ready for the wearing in the South!
- The retractable pull handle is actually long enough for me!!!! I am 6’2 and this is the first suitcase I have ever owned that has a handle that actually is long enough so that I don’t have to slump over to make it work. I’ve caught myself in the mirror before at airports and this is not at all a flattering look. That must have been why I got all the funny looks as I entered airport lounges. People must have been thinking, “what’s Quasimodo doing here?”.
- The suitcase features 4 silent lightweight wheels for a ride that is second only to that of a Maybach! They are also the wheels that move 360 degrees as opposed to those pesky wheels that only go backwards and forwards. Two wheels are so 2002… come into the new decade with a four wheeler baby!!
- The Curv technology means that airport security can throw this bag around as much as they want, bash it as much as they possible can and it will still regain it’s shape and be basically as good as knew. THAT makes me feel not only confident that my luggage will reach its destination in one piece but also quite smug knowing security can try as they may but they won’t make a dent in my precious cargo!
For those who would like to see the Firelite in action, here are a few videos of the actual suitcase and the technology in action…
A huge thank you to Samsonite for the beautiful new travel companion. She’s in good hands!