Last night the fashionably fabulous all came out in New York City to help Valentino celebrate the launch of fashion’s first online designer museum/archive. This is the first time we have seen a designer produce such an amazingly thorough website that affords every person with access to the internet the opportunity to walk through every collection, every dress, every sketch and every famous face that has worn Valentino in days gone by! Here’s just a small list of all that is on offer on the site:
- The Museum Rooms and Exhibitons: seven rooms in total which would equal 10,000 square meters of space. These are divided by themes and variations and contain over 200 dresses.
- Very Valentino: a look at Valentino from the 1960’s-2000’s
- Valentino Seen By: 109 portraits, illustators and photographers capturing all that is Valentino.
- Valentino Garavani & Giancarlo Giammetti: Video content involving Natalia Vodianova and an interview with Giancarol Giammetti.
- Exhibitions and events: 9 videos of major exhibitions and events that have taken place since 1968.
- Muses & Friends: says it all in the title really.
- Media Library and my personal favourite: Around 5,000 images including dresses, photos, drawings and 180 fashion show videos!
And a lovely video walk through of what you have to look forward to!
Images courtesy of KCDworldwide