The absolute best thing in the world, for an unashamed beauty addict like myself, is the sheer volume of goodies I get sent to try and use on my clients. A lot ends up in my make-up kit, the rest ends up in my bathroom (I just had to get new storage as its completely out of control) and the remaining bits get given to green eyed friends in need. So I thought I would share with you the stuff that I deem too yummy to go anywhere other than my bathroom shelf. Here I can gaze at them with sheer adoration, as well as using them on a daily basis. These items are brilliant things to take you from winter to spring as they are all about about removing that dull winter look and getting your skin ready for warmer times. They are tried and tested and well worth the money. Here are my latest loves….
1. Ojon color sustain – I love this shampoo (and conditioner) and its a very recent discovery of mine as its only just been launched. I have high-lighted hair that needs a lot of love and attention otherwise it just looks horribly dull and damaged. Its a nightmare quite frankly. This has Tahitian monoi which puts the shine back and preserves the colour. Fantastic stuff.
2. Origins brighter by nature SPF 35 – I have been using this for a month now and I can seriously say that the texture and brightness of my skin has improved massively..its lost that horrible winter un-evenness. The serum is also wonderful and there are brightening peel pads that you can use twice a week to remove the dull outer layer. Very well priced too…..
3. Green and Spring exfoliating body wash – This smells so heavenly that washing with this actually puts me in a brilliant mood because it smells so zingy and fresh and also the packaging is so pretty, I can’t resist it. I have recently discovered this brand and adore it (candles are wonderful too). This smells of cooling peppermint and has fine pieces of walnut shell to rub off those rough bits of skin. Lovely present material as it looks so girly.
4. Kiehl’s soy milk and honey whipped body butter – This is a new addition to the culty creme de corps from Kiehls. My makeup kit is never without Creme de corps because it REALLY moisturises and smoothes – there is no body cream like it. This has a lovely whipped texture and literally smells like heaven with its warm, yummy honey smell. People will literally want to eat you, it smells so good. I suffer from scaly legs in the winter and this has totally sorted them out.
5. Sisley creamy masque with tropical resins – I love a good face masque. Lying in a scented bath with this masque on is a pleasure that I refuse to deny myself. This just makes your skin feel really, really clean if you are prone to oiliness and the odd break-out like me. I am obsessed by Sisley skincare – it is the absolute best and I have never had a client say anything bad about it. They swept the boards for Instyle best beauty buys, whom I judge for, with good reason. Sisley rocks!
6. Shu uemura Instant glow – This was launched by Shu last year and I can’t get enough of it, especially for those days when I’m looking a bit tired and need to fake my “glow”…..Put it on before you put your foundation and it will give you that candle-lit soft focus look or you can just use it on its own and conceal where needed (try Laura Mercier secret camoflage).
7. Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream – This is a wonderful moisturiser for those days when your skin is a bit dehydrated. I love the Dr Hauschka range – its all smells heavenly and because its organic, it just feels so wonderfully wholesome. I am mad for the Rosemary bath oil as well. A well loved classic.
8. Elemis lime and ginger salt glow – I was lucky enough to have a detox massage with Elemis recently and they used this – skin was as soft as a new-borns afterwards. I normally sit on the edge and have a good scrub with this once a week. Perfect for prepping the skin before you put on fake tan as it gets rid of those dry uneven bits like nothing else. Naturally it smells incredible too…..