Big congrats to Beatrix Ong today! We just found out that Beatrix, the famed shoe designer, made Her Majesty The Queen’s 2011 New Year’s Honours list and was bestowed the honour of an MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire – a National Order of Merit in the UK).
Beatrix Ong, commented. “I feel delighted and humbled to be recognised for this honour. I love what I do, and this has come as such a lovely surprise and a wonderful start to the year!”
A few things you might not already know about Beatrix Ong:
1. She is a born and bred Londoner.
2. She worked in New York as part of the Fashion Department at Harper’s Bazaar.
3. She was Jimmy Choo’s Creative Director of Couture at the tender age of 22!
4. She started her own line, Beatrix Ong, in 2002 and opened her first boutique in Primrose Hill in 2004.
5. Beatrix Ong has dressed the feet of countless celebrities including Sienna Miller and Thandie Newton.