Last night I was invited to attend the opening of The Jacques Townhouse in London. I honestly don’t know where to even start with this venue! It was a fairytale. If someone could have opened my brain as a twelve year old girl and taken out all of the things I daydreamed about and put them in a townhouse in London….you would have The Jacques Townhouse.
The Jacques Townhouse is a pop-up boutique hotel concept set in the heart of central London. It’s pop-up life span, sadly, is only ten nights and then the dream fades away once again back into our lost childhoods.
Each night in the Townhouse you will be treated to the following:
• Lash Couture – Benefit Cosmetics will host our Powder Room, where girls can try and buy this season’s key colours and looks. Benefit Cosmetics beauticians will be on hand to offer free lash couture make-upper
• DJs – The traditional jazz pianist is out and a performance DJ duo in. DJ’s will create a fun and playful atmosphere with a technicolor extravaganza that takes the DJs out from behind the decks and into the limelight.
• Future Gazing – Fortune-tellers will be entertaining groups of girls as they roam the rooms double-up as palm, tarot readers
• Vintage Patisseries – The Vintage Patisserie – Angel Adoree offers a slice of pure escapism with a stirring of glamour and a spoonful of wit with her beautiful, handmade and bespoke cup cakes
• Dressing-up – A fancy dress box filled with beautiful vintage clothing and accessories will be available to all guests. Girls can dress up and pose for our professional photographer who will post their pictures on Facebook to share with their friends
• Sleepovers – The lucky few competition winners will be able to stay over with a couple of friends in one of the luxurious Jacques themed hotel rooms for the ultimate girl’s night in
The whole project is given it’s magic by the genius of David Carter, creator of East London micro boutique hotel 40WINKS. David used the “hotel theme” and completely ran with it. The artist that was actually responsible for making the dream a reality was Set Designer and Prop Stylist Cordelia Weston (who has worked with everyone from Dazed and Confused to Sarah Jessica Parker). We had bell hops greeting us in the front hall, which was covered top to toe in white painted suitcases, and a lovely congierge checking our “luggage” at the reception desk. The theme carried on throughout the Townhouse with a whimsical feel and one of great beauty and fantasy. I honestly forgot I was in London last night for two hours!
Girls should visit to www.facebook.com/jacques to book a (complimentary) place for them and their friends at one of these ‘must do’ Summer evenings. There will be two sittings per night, the first from 6pm – 7.30pm and the second 8pm– 9.30pm from 29th July 2010 Please note the address of the venue is top secret until places are registered.
As the party atmosphere is nearly impossible to capture in words and I know I am butchering it here…take a look at the images from the night! I think they’ll tell the story quite accurately…
A great big hug and double air kiss to Exposure PR for inviting me to the event! xoxo