Once every ten years fashion returns to its lifelong love affair with headbands. Only in the noughties it’s more intense than ever before and headbands (or hairbands as they are called in the UK) are no longer your run of the mill fabric semi circle. In fact, I don’t believe they even made any for this revival of the classic accessory. Instead we have roses, beading, jewels, diamonds, lace, cat ears and massive bows. The farther fetched your headband is the more in fashion you are! Every shop seems to carry one, two or even a dozen in every which way you can fathom.
So how do you know the right one to choose? Well there are a few good points to the new trend. First of all, the accessories come in every price point imaginable. You can buy a headband for $1,000 or $1. That is no exaggeration! The options are endless. So it’s easy to start an entire collection. They’re as important as your bangles or earrings this season so don’t ignore this trend. We took the time to pick out our top ten looks, available to buy on the internet now (with links included). Take a look and take on the trend that is quite possibly the easiest way to bring your wardrobe up to speed!
1. Bijou Heart, 24 Karat Gold Plated Hairband, from Net-A-Porter, $730
2. Oscar de la Renta, Beaded Flower Hairband, from Net-A-Porter, $590
3. ASOS wide mixed feather Hairband, £6
4. ASOS Ditsy Floral Bow Hairband, £7
5. Zip details headband from Topshop, £12
6. Big Lace Bow Alice Band from New Look, £10
7. Bunny Bow Alice Band from New Look, £4
8. Dorothy Perkins Double Rose on Alice Band, £12
9. Dorothy Perkins Polka feather Alice Band, £9
10. ASOS chiffon bow hairband, £6