Well she’s the new kid on the block for some, but for those in the know in the fashion world Stephanie Winston Wolkoff is a legend. Stephanie is probably best known for her work as Events Director for the Conde Nast giant, Vogue. She was with the magazine for eleven years and the fashion world held its breath when she announced her resignation late last year. However, her new position is one which will truly revolutionize New York fashion. Wolkoff is now Lincoln’s Centre’s New York Fashion Week Director. It was announced in November of last year and her first fashion week as Director will take place in September 2010. No doubt she will be paying a lot more attention at Fashion Week in the week’s ahead to make sure the transition to the new residence will be seamless.
Here are five facts they don’t report about Mrs. Winston Wolkoff in every article:
1. She is 6’1 and married to a gorgeous Mr. Wolkoff, who is 6’6. You can read about their wedding in the New York Times style section from the year 2000.
2. She is the granddaughter of Harry Winston, yes THAT Harry Winston.
3. She graduated Cum Laude from Loyola Univ. with a degree in Communications.
4. Stephanie worked at Sotheby’s auction house, starting as an assistant to Dede Brooks and then moving on the the manager of Client Services. She left to join Vogue as the Manager of Public Relations in 1998.
5. Everyone that has ever worked with Stephanie can’t say enough wonderful things about her. She’s tall, skinny and beautiful and is the envy of every woman from age 18 to 80…you want to hate her but can’t as she is an absolutely gorgeous human being!
We can’t wait to see what she has in store for fashion week in New York City in September….