posted on: Saturday, 13 July 2013
It's going to be a beautiful weekend for most of us folks. For the rest of you, I apologise if you are battling grey skies. For those of you that are officially in the spirit of summer, here are five things to get you right and ready for the beach. We looked to the Hamptons for some of the most popular preppy must haves of the moment and here's what we discovered.
1. J Crew's Embroidered Baseball Cap $48 - For those of you trying to look chic without trying to hard, look no further. Baseball caps are making a massive comeback and if you can find one with that spectacular preppy edge, all the better!
2. St. Barth's Tanning Oil from Heidi Klein £34 - this is a celebrity favourite. In fact, I have it on good authority that there are several celebs who send their assistants into shops to buy them out of this miracle worker when it comes to tanning. Not only does it smell amazing but it gives you a Brazilian glow!
3. The only bag to see and be seen with this season in the Hamptons is the Ralph Lauren Soft Ricky. Not as formal as the original Ralph Lauren Ricky and made for the rigorous season out in the Hamptons. Easily carried from beach to bungalow without any bag exchange needed.
4. If you don't have white denim cut-offs, don't bother showing up. These are a must have for the Hamptons. Nothing looks better with tanned legs and wedges. Look to the Gap where they have fantastic pairs from $40.
5. Don't forget the bikini. To avoid those nasty strap marks, go for a strapless classic like this Nautical Bandeau Top from Victoria's Secret, currently on sale for $49.